We created Connections to provide an opportunity for people with I/DD and autism to have a chance to practice dating skills and, possibly, find a connection.
Here’s how it works:
Once you pay your registration fee, we will have you complete an interest survey and then do a short interview with one of our staff, and then we will do our best to find you a compatible match! In addition to being included in our pool of eligible daters, you will also get to attend two “What is Dating?” classes and check-in a few times with a Whole Selves teacher.
Connections is not a dating service. Connections will match you with someone who is compatible and give you tips on how to build a new relationship, then you take it from there!
So, what are you waiting for? It’s time to get matched!
Here are the details:
- Registration Fee: $35.00
- Membership Fee: $115.00 for first three months – here’s what you get:
- Once a match is made, we will contact you and let you know that we have found you a match. This may take a few weeks, so please be patient.
- Upon notification of a match, you will pay the 3-month membership fee, and we will send you contact information for your match.
- “What is Dating?” class – two 1.5 hour classes
- Three 15-minute coaching sessions with a Whole Selves teacher
- A list of responsibilities and behavior expectations
- Membership Fee: $50.00 per month, beginning in month 4 – here’s what you get:
- Invitations to social events hosted at our Whole Children facility
- One match per month
If you have any questions, or would like additional information, contact Tracy Romeo at Tracy.Romeo@PathlightGroup.org.