Everyone deserves comprehensive sexuality education, but how do you actually teach this topic to learners with I/DD and Autism? This half-day online Professional Development (PD) Course teaches you how to use the Whole Selves curriculum, a tool with everything you need to teach this complex subject to learners of all abilities.
Our years of experience has taught us that, with the right philosophy, approach and materials, everyone can benefit from relationships and sexuality education.
Bring your most complex teaching challenge and connect with veteran sexuality educators and other teachers working to create a more inclusive and comprehensive sexuality education. Learning Whole Selves is a culture change that affects everyone, and we want you there!
What you get:
- One half-day (4 hours) Professional Development session, presented via video conference, which covers:
- Overview of the Whole Selves philosophy and curriculum
- Hands-on practice with the Whole Selves website, curriculum, and materials
- Also included in the cost:
- One teacher-based subscription to the Whole Selves website, which includes all lessons and materials, for one year
- Two hours of phone or virtual consultation with our Whole Selves teaching staff in a one year period
- $500 per teacher
- Tuesday, January 25, 2022
- 12:00 pm – 4:00 pm (EST), via Zoom
For more information or to register for the Professional Development session, contact Tracy Romeo at Tracy.Romeo@PathlightGroup.org or 413.314.3152.
The curriculum provides clear, simple, and concrete language, as well as visual supports, for students to grasp a better understanding of the concepts. Topics are not touched on just once and then left, but instead are discussed in-depth, and reviewed numerous times with different perspectives. The hands-on and realistic activities allow students to practice the skills they learn in lectures, giving them the opportunity to experience the content first-hand in a safe environment. In addition, the program displays a diverse population, making all students feel included.
The Professional Development session was very helpful in preparing me to teach the curriculum to my students. The curriculum is very easy to use and easily adaptable for all levels of learners.
The Professional Development session provided me with everything I need to teach the curriculum to my students. It is quite easy to add or modify lessons/materials to help fit the students needs. I think the Whole Selves program is wonderful!